Páginas

lunes, 30 de mayo de 2011

Get To Know Community Manager Carolyn!



Members of the #TeamBlackBerry community who read the Inside BlackBerry® blog and follow @BlackBerry and @BlackBerryBlog on Twitter® may have noticed a new face amongst our ranks: Carolyn. Carolyn is here to help out Team BlackBerry in any way she can, and she’s looking forward to being an active part of our great online community!
Here’s a little interview I conducted with Carolyn to get you acquainted with her:
Tell us a bit about yourself and where you are from.
I am a small town girl, born and raised in Ingersoll, Ontario, Canada. After graduating from university, I decided to spread my wings and venture out of Canada to the land Down Under – Australia! I made Sydney my home for close to two years before making my way back to Canadian soil. This experience was definitely a highlight for me, as one of my favorite things to do is to travel and learn about different cultures.

What is your favorite BlackBerry-related memory?
My sister has been travelling across Australia, New Zealand and Asia, and we have been keeping in touch over BlackBerry® Messenger (BBM™). We get to talk over BBM so often that it makes it seem like she’s still here. If we were to rely solely on voice calls, we would barely talk because you have to pay for international calling and it can cost so much. Hooray for BBM!
So, you’ve been on the road for the Meet the PlayBook fan events getting to meet #TeamBlackBerry members in-person. What are you hearing from them about the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet?
It has been great to see all the excitement around the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet both from our fans online and in-person. During the fan events, I had the chance to meet a variety of different people including developers, small business owners, moms and musicians, who all have unique plans for their BlackBerry PlayBook tablet – and are teaching me about how it fits into each of their lifestyles.
One couple in particular that has family members living in another country was excited about the Video Chat application. While talking to them, not only were they thrilled about the chance to keep in touch with their family members in real-time, but they also liked the ability to see the faces of their loved ones.
I have also received a lot of positive comments online about the size of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet – it seems like it’s the perfect travel companion, because it fits almost anywhere. We’ve been getting a constant stream of feedback on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet since it’s been available in stores and are happy to hear that people love it as much as we do.
What is your favorite type of UGC (“User Generated Content”) created on a BlackBerry smartphone?
I love pictures! It’s so handy to be able to take great quality images right from my device and send them to family and friends or post to Facebook® from wherever I am. I also love seeing the images that fans send to us (like the ones on our Flickr account) – it’s awesome to be able to see what our followers are up to.
What is the most-used tool on your BlackBerry smartphone?
My Calendar or my Alarm Clock – I use them religiously every day. I can honestly say I would be lost without them in my day.
What is your favorite BlackBerry smartphone tip/trick?
I am constantly using T and B to navigate from the top and bottom of my pages – so handy! I also make sure to keep up with the @BlackBerryHelp team on Twitter, because they’ve got plenty of tips that are really useful.
Thanks for this, Carolyn! Readers – if you have any questions for Carolyn, please post them in a comment below! Also, have you met our other BlackBerry Community Manager, Mitchell?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario